We are looking for a VP of Marketing, reporting to the CEO, Warren Webster, who will be responsible for all aspects of marketing, inclusive of customer and member acquisition, engagement, CRM and Mar-tech implementation/optimization, brand positioning, and event marketing. This leader will be an integral part of Atlas Obscura’s leadership team responsible for growing the brand. Overseeing a team of 8 (initially), this leader must have a growth-focused mindset and be able to balance the art and science of building a consumer brand with the rigor of performance marketing & customer acquisition.
If you or someone you know may fit this description, apply online here https://20190801210824_8nzxlbc9dobljkhg.applytojob.com/apply/73jJ7smwbM/VP-Marketing
Reporting to the VP Marketing will sit the audience development team, design/creative, growth marketing, and an external PR agency.
Success will be measured by bringing on an increasing number of new members by scaling free and organic channels to the maximum extent possible and scaling paid channels within CAC/LTV/Payback efficiency guardrails. Managing sustainable growth and understanding payback periods, unit economics, and channel-specific LTV is critical.
Successful candidates will be experts in both the Art and Science of growth marketing. The Science component is the analytical/quantitative foundation that allows this leader to evaluate different growth opportunities, analyze results, increase yield for each dollar of spend, and develop insights into underlying trends in any metrics related to spend, traffic, conversion, order value, order frequency, and other components of LTV. The Art component is the creative judgment and instincts for what messages, presentations, and creative formats potential customers are likely to respond to.
Role and Responsibilities
- Oversee the Trips business in regards to positioning, marketing, and growth metrics.
- Create and oversee a membership go-to-market plan and growth metrics.
- Oversight of their first mobile application and creation of a growth plan to acquire more users.
- Lead all elements of the company’s marketing initiatives–including demand generation, content marketing, product marketing, customer marketing, corporate communications, and brand
- Proven success as a direct-to-consumer marketing leader
- Fluent in CRM, Marketing Automation Platforms and experienced scaling modern MarTech stack
- Highly analytical; able to make data-driven decisions and establish effective metrics to approach marketing strategy and spend while not losing sight of the brand
- 5-7+ years of experience developing and implementing demand generation strategies that leverage modern MarTech stack
- Demonstrated success leading and scaling marketing teams in a high-growth business
- Track record of building and executing integrated campaigns across all stages of the customers’ journey
- Demonstrated leadership in developing company messaging and positioning that resonates with customer needs
- Experience in building and measuring lead (and/or account) funnel metrics and marketing attribution reporting
- Must be comfortable with a balance of day-to-day execution and high-level strategy
- Passion for travel is a huge plus
- Fosters a culture of transparency and integrity and possesses a team-first mentality
- Creative intellect, yet able to demonstrate efficient and resourceful execution
- Dynamic and data-driven with the ability to make decisions quickly
- Natural leader and engaged team player, ready to roll up sleeves when needed
- Ability to juggle and successfully prioritize competing work streams, as well as pragmatically prioritize importance/urgency of work based on a keen sense of expected impact on business objectives in both the short and long term.
- A collaborator and partner across all functions of the business, and especially successful in building Sales and Marketing alignment
- High degree of organization and efficiency with demonstrated attention to detail
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and able to effectively illustrate the business value of delivered capabilities.