Sandi Hemmerlein, Los Angeles Obscura Society Field Agent since 2013
Writer, Photographer, Traveler, Romantic, Naturalist, Urbanist. Brunette living in a blonde city.
Specialties include incredible ruins, beautiful decay, disaster sites, cemeteries, ghost towns, fascinating fauna, outsider art, architecture, natural wonders, movie palaces, stained glass, factory tours, and the creepy and macabre
- Two-time ScareLA panelist & Midsummer Scream panel producer / moderator
- Contributing writer for KCET, Discover Los Angeles
- Current member of The Los Angeles Breakfast Club, Friends of Rockhaven (lifetime), Morongo Basin Historical Society, Friends of Palomar, Lake Norconian Club Foundation
- Former Los Angeles City Historical Society Board Member, Events Committee & Social Media Chair
- Former member of the National Trust for Historic Preservation, LA Conservancy, Art Deco Society, Historical Society of the Crescenta Valley, Los Angeles Historic Theatre Foundation, San Fernando Valley Historical Society
No purchase necessary. Winner will be selected at random on 04/01/2018. Offer available only in the U.S. (including Puerto Rico). Offer subject to change without notice. See contest rules for full details.
We'd Like You to Like Us
Like Atlas Obscura and get our latest and greatest stories in your Facebook feed.