Based on the John Updike novel of the same name, the 1987 film “The Witches of Eastwick” tells the story of three lonely women who conjure the devil and then give him hell.
The movie was filmed throughout the east coast of Massachusetts, Mostly, the town of Cohasset, with its centrally located New-England-white church and quaint business district, was the backdrop for Eastwick. Other locations include Abbott Hall in Marblehead, the Wang Center in Boston, Milton Academy in Milton, and the Crane Estate in Ipswich, which stood in for the Lenox Mansion in the film.
The aforementioned white church is Cohasset’s first Parish Meeting House and was built in 1746. It, along with the stores and houses in the immediate area, served as backdrops for some of the more memorable scenes, including the one where Van Horne, bewitched by his three companions, is blown down the street, across a lawn, and into the church by a hurricane of feathers before involuntarily spewing cherry juice and railing against God and women in front of an aghast church congregation.
Adapted with Permission from: The New England Grimpendium by J.W. Ocker