This entry is a stub
Straddling Owens Creek where Roddy Creek Road meets Roddy Road, this 39 foot long covered bridge was originally built in 1856. It was constructed using a single kingpost truss. Although this was a common trait in building shorter bridges, it’s believed this is the only one made of a single post in Maryland.
After it was damaged by an oversized truck in 2016, a replacement was built that includes warning bars on either side of the bridge to reduce the chance of a repeat event. There is also a small park with a pair of swings, a picnic area, a short walking trail, and restroom facilities.