Named for an old rail station, this bridge was originally a single span but now features a pier at the midpoint. The bridge was constructed using a multiple kingpost design. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.
This bridge has taken a beating over the years. In 1991, an arsonist attempting to file a fraudulent insurance claim against the bridge parked a truck inside of it and set it ablaze. A huge outpouring of time and energy from the local community in the form of fundraising helped to save the bridge.
After a debate ensued over whether to rebuild the bridge to its original specifications or to use reinforcements as had been done during a renovation around 1930, the latter option was chosen. The bridge was rebuilt on the parts of its frame that had survived the fire. Three years later, the bridge was re-opened. The bridge was also struck by vehicles and damaged twice in 2013 but was quickly restored both times.
Like the Roddy Road Covered Bridge, Loy’s Station also spans Owen’s Creek. A park featuring a walking path, a large pavilion, an expansive playground, ample picnic areas, open fields, and public restrooms sits adjacent to the bridge. The pavilion and restroom facilities are designed with a theme similar to the covered bridge.