Standing adjacent to the town square in historic Port Tobacco, Maryland, this gambrel-roofed building is one of only three 18th-century buildings still standing in Port Tobacco.
Constructed in the mid-1700s for tobacco merchant John Parnham, the house has an interesting past, including one entire room being disassembled and reassembled at The Art Institute Of Chicago in 1930. However, the building was eventually purchased back and painstakingly reassembled in its original location.
Stagg Hall was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1988. The Charles County government purchased Stagg Hall in 2013 and has been focused on restoration efforts since.