Once a beautiful palace, this structure is now known as the ''museum of destruction."
Pinova Vila was once a palace and one of the most beautiful buildings in Zrenjanin.
The building was constructed in 1894 by Leon Štegervald. However, it was later purchased by surveyor Paja Pin, hence the building’s namesake Pinova Vila (Pin’s Palace). Various elements of Romantic period architecture is still visible from the outside, although the palace now sits in ruins and on the verge of collapsing. This has earned the building the moniker “the museum of destruction.”
Pinova Vila eventually became a symbol of the lack of interest by Serbian authorities to preserve some of the country’s historic ruins. In 2005, the Institute for the Protection of Cultural Monuments of Zrenjanin created a plan to renovate Pinova Villa, however, 15 years later, Pinova Vila remains dilapidated and in a state of ruins.
Know Before You Go
Pinova Vila is located between Bulevar Milutina Milankovića and Ive Lole Ribara streets, not far from the center of Zrenjanin.
Follow us on Twitter to get the latest on the world's hidden wonders.
Like us on Facebook to get the latest on the world's hidden wonders.Follow us on Twitter Like us on Facebook