This entry is a stub
The Nevele Grande Hotel was a luxury high-rise resort in the Catskills. It dates back to 1901, when Charles Slutsky established a country club at the site in a valley west of the Shawangunk Mountains. The property grew over time with new wings and even an indoor pool added for visiting guests.
In 1964, architect Herbert D. Phillips designed a 10-story dodecahedral tower, which became the resort’s crown jewel. The property was the height of luxury, offering guests multiple ballrooms, a Hawaiian-themed nightclub, a health club, two golf courses, a roller rink, and natural lakes fed by a tall waterfall.
But by the early 2000s, the resort was struggling to come up with the money to maintain all of its facilities. The Grande Nevele closed in 2009.