King Arthur's Hall
Part museum, part piece of Arthurian-inspired history, this stately hall attracts King Arthur fans from miles away.
This stately building serves as a reminder and an inspiration for all who are interested in Arthurian legends.
Completed in 1933 by retired London businessman Frederick Thomas Glasscock (who died the following year), the hall originally served as the headquarters for an organization known as the Order of the Fellowship of the Knights of the Round Table. The organization was founded in 1927 to promote Christian ideals and Arthurian notions of medieval chivalry.
Today, the hall contains art relating to the Arthurian legend and is now a popular attraction for Arthurian enthusiasts. Since 1952, the building has also been used as a Masonic hall. There are 72 stained glass windows illustrating the Arthurian tales by Veronica Whall which are a good example of traditional crafts and workmanship.
Know Before You Go
On main road into Tintagel
Follow us on Twitter to get the latest on the world's hidden wonders.
Like us on Facebook to get the latest on the world's hidden wonders.Follow us on Twitter Like us on Facebook