Church of the Intercession holds an eerie underground crypt and is adjacent to the sprawling Trinity Cemetery.
The chapel was built in 1915, and while originally it was part of Trinity Church which has burials in the surrounding Trinity Cemetery, it became independent in 1976 and took the name Church of the Intercession.
A door on the side of the church reveals a staircase leading to a dimly lit, gothic-style crypt, with arched ceilings supported by massive columns. Despite warm weather the underground space stays cool. A small altar and rows of chairs occupy the crypt. The exterior of the church has carvings of distorted animals and other gargoyles.