This entry is a stub
A bright orange lichen makes the granite that litters on the white sands glow like hot cinders.
The Bay of Fires did not actually earn its name because of its appearance. It was named “Bay of Fires” in 1773 by Captain Tobias Furneaux, who looked out and saw countless fires along the Tasmanian coast, leading him to believe that it was heavily populated. It’s likely that the fires the captain saw belonged to an occupation of Aboriginal people living along the shores.