Founded in 2008, Atlas Obscura recently completed a $20 million Series B funding round led by Airbnb and is growing rapidly. At its core, Atlas Obscura believes in surfacing magic and wonder, and we seek to bring that very spirit of magic and wonder to the work we do with brands, which have included Chase, Nissan, Mitsubishi, and more.
We are looking for a senior creative to join our Brand Studios team to develop product offerings across Atlas’ slate. The Director, Creative Development of Partnerships will be responsible for overseeing a team of creatives who will proactively develop new content strategies/products. We’re looking for someone with a strong POV on content development who is highly strategic and creative. They will play a leading role in defining our custom programs and create opportunities for brand integrations while defining our place in the marketplace that aligns with Atlas’ editorial brand standards. The Director of Content Development is responsible for maintaining the creative integrity of our Partnership teams advertorial offerings from video, audio, experiential, trips, written and others. You will be the key stakeholder in how the Atlas Obscura brand manifests itself in the physical world, and will help us build magical, wondrous experiences for brands that are amplified through content.
- Owning, defining and organizationally instilling the overall creative point of view and brand ethos for Atlas’ Partnership packaging as the department thought leader on creative development including creating, refining and templatizing pitch decks and marketing materials
- Work with Sales and Marketing and collaborate with other Brand Studio teams to both respond to RFPs and pitch clients of varying ad categories, but also determine new, scalable product offerings to go to market of various budget levels
- Act as company thought leader regarding ways to broach the marketplace with exciting, strategic and custom product offerings that align with editorial creative standards and generate revenue across mediums and offerings
- Help define and build processes, operations and best practices as it relates to creative development
- Ensure all content created and pitched meet Atlas’ rigorous brand quality standards that is cohesive against all product offerings and excites our client and audience
- Oversee a team and be responsible for creative excellence across all responses regardless of product offering
- Maintain and lead creative rolodex for best of class creative approaches from talent, location and subjects
- Use creative expertise to lead client services in client facing meetings by articulating solutions in concise and persuasive proposals that align with client expectations
- Oversee the creative alignment of Partnership offerings from pre-sale through execution via approving deliverables in review
- Foster a collaborative relationship with Publishing, Sales, Marketing and Product Execution for best in class content
- Generate concepts, talent ideas, deck slides, and mood boards as needed for for sales decks
- Keep up to speed with the marketplace and what other industry leaders are creating for brand partnerships
- 7+ years of content development at preferably an agency or publisher
- Deep familiarity with content distribution strategies; understanding of how content moves through the pipes of the internet and within experiential events
- Extensive knowledge of the branded content industry and comfortable across varying from video, audio, experiential and written
- Experience in both Pre-Sale pitching and Post-Sale execution.
- Fluent in marketing objectives and campaign performances ties to KPI’s and the ever-evolving media landscape
- Ability to develop and execute content programs that tie together Atlas’ experiential, editorial, and social platforms.
- Comfortable leading programs that require creative thinking and execution across multiple platforms. Must demonstrate expertise in video, experiential, social, digital articles, and still photography, etc.
- Experience with Keynote
- You've got tons of great ideas for how Atlas Obscura can cover more of the world in exciting and fresh ways.
- You’re an idea-generating machine.
- Passion for storytelling through various mediums and product offerings
- Comfortable speaking with clients and pitching elevated approaches
- Creative thinking and joy in exploring new ways to express storytelling
- Exceptional writing and deck building skills
- Well versed in how the different product environments can move audiences and how that correlates to content development and marketing efforts
- You are an innovator who loves inventing new things and challenging the traditional way of thinking
- You are a strategic and original thinker with proven problem-solving abilities
- You have a strong work ethic with a roll-up-your-sleeves, can-do attitude
- You are hungry to work as a part of a fast-growing organization and desire to lead a team
To apply for this role, please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications and interest at the following link: https://atlasobscura.applytojob.com/apply/YpiAkUHXVa/Director-Creative-Development-Of-Partnerships
Compensation is competitive. Benefits for full-time employees include a generous time-off policy, family leave, and contributions toward health, dental, and vision for both employee and family. We value diversity and are committed to an inclusive work environment and a fair and consistent interview process.
Atlas Obscura is a remote-first company. This position may be based anywhere within reasonable driving distance to Los Angeles or New York City.