Everyone knows of landmarks such as Navy Pier and the Chicago Water Tower, but not everyone knows that death lurks behind each landmark. Join Field Agent and creator of Dead in Chicago Leyla Royale for a walking tour of famous landmarks in the city. You'll learn about the history of the buildings along with hearing the lesser-known stories of locals who've lost their lives in the same locale.
- 15+ recommended; themes of death and suicide are discussed and might be difficult subjects for younger attendees.
- Meet your Field Agent at the Heald Square Monument, on the southeast side of the river and Wacker and Wabash.
- Be prepared for 1.5 –2 miles of walking.
- Walking shoes and weather appropriate clothing is encouraged!
- The event will run rain or shine.
- The event is ADA accessible but will be streets and sidewalks.
- No restrooms stops are planned during the event.
- This ticket is non-refundable, but you can transfer it by following this handy Eventbrite tutorial.
About Field Agent Leyla I. Royale
Leyla I. Royale is an avid Chicago historian and jack of all trades. She is the creator of Chicago horror history site Dead In Chicago, which features daily updates on horrible happenings from the city's past. She works as a cellist for local and national Chicago musicians, is an employee and trapeze artist at Trapeze School New York in Chicago, has been a dedicated historic tour guide at The Chicago Theatre, and spends her Octobers working as a haunted tour guide and as an actor for Zombie Army Productions.
Stay connected! Subscribe to the Illinois Obscura Society newsletter