SECOND DAY ADDED - MORE SESSIONS ON FRIDAY MAY 17th!
Join Atlas Obscura and the Oddities Flea Market for a special extra event, part of our Illumination of Wondrous Arts and Curious Crafts event.
Professional photographer Karen Jerzyk has made a name for herself with her iconic set design and haunting imagery. Atlas Obscura, The Oddities Flea Market, and Karen herself are joining up to offer you this once-in-a-lifetime chance to step inside one of her ethereal worlds and capture a custom piece of artwork, starring yourself.
In a private portrait session with renowned professional photographer Karen Jerzyk, guests will have the opportunity to pose within a surreal dreamscape handcrafted by the artist exclusively for attendees of the Oddities Flea Market. Inside Karen's handcrafted portrait box will be a never-before-seen scene, as well as a variety of unusual props provided by our featured vendors, including antiques from the personal collection of curator Ryan Matthew Cohn.
Photographs will be expertly edited and printed, ensuring that you'll have a stunning photograph like no other to add to your collection of curios.
Sessions are in 20 minute slots. Pick your time from the choices below in the ticketing section.
- Your ticket includes one 20 minute timed session, one 8x12 print, and a digital print.
- Due to set space constraints, sessions are limited to individuals or groups of 2. Families with small children may be accommodated on a case-by-case basis.
- Photography sessions will be staged in a special space at the Paul Kaufman Gallery, which is accessed exclusively by stairway and not ADA compliant.
- While the set itself will not be revealed prior to the day, the atmosphere and recommended attire will be shared in an email no less than one week prior to the event.
- Edited prints will be mailed to purchasers within 3 weeks of the photoshoot.
About the Illumination of Wondrous Arts and Curious Crafts Event
A series of workshops, presented by Atlas Obscura in partnership with The Oddities Flea Market, that celebrates unique artists and their passion for interesting crafts. The event is a chance to spend part or all of the day leaping into the deep end to explore your creativity in unexpected ways. In addition to the Portrait Sittings, there are workshops in cat skeleton articulation with Ryan Matthew Cohn, Victorian Mourning Hair Relics with Karen Bachmann.
Email Carlyle Coash at email@example.com.
Advance Tickets Only. All Sales Final. No Refunds or Exchanges.