Join us for a scavenger hunt of the history (and fascinating spots) you can find hidden just under the streets in downtown Chicago.
Chicago's Pedway system is vast, sometimes confusing, and happily completely immune to the fickle weather outside. While most people in Chicago learn to navigate the city using the street grid and by knowing that Lake Michigan is on the east, the Pedway instead connects important buildings and relies on it's own street system. To many, it seems like a mystery — the perfect place for a scavenger hunt!
You'll be searching for the answers to clues (almost) entirely underground and in the lobbies of buildings connected to the Pedway. This scavenger hunt will reveal new aspects of downtown to even the most seasoned Chicagoan as you learn the twists and turns of the underground tunnels while you race to find the answers before anyone else. A fantastic prize awaits the group that finds the answers first; for everyone else, we'll buy your pre-brunch mimosa of the day.
- This event will run rain, snow, or shine — since the Pedway is underground, you'll be safe from the weather.
- Ticket includes hunt and one drink ticket for participants 21+.
- You must be 18+ to be part of the hunt.
- We recommend doing the hunt either solo or in groups of 2, though you may hunt in a group of any size.
- Bring your charged Smartphone! It will be instrumental in helping you figure out the clues and directions.
- This event has limited ADA access, as parts of the Pedway are only accessible by stairs.
- Clues along with a description of the area covered by the hunt will be given out at the beginning of the event.
- One drink of your choice is included at the end of the scavenger hunt.
- Meet Field Agent Leyla Royale in Block 37, just inside the doors off of the entrance on State Street, by the Disney Store.
- Be ready to walk about a mile.
- The ticket is non-refundable, but you can transfer your purchase by following this handy Eventbrite tutorial.
Email Leyla Royale at email@example.com.
Stay connected! Subscribe to the Atlas Obscura Society Chicago newsletter
Advance tickets only. All sales final. No refunds or exchanges.