Join Atlas Obscura for a night of surreptitious sleuthing and history-infused fun as you and your companions investigate your fellow party goers (and each other) to unravel the mystery behind the untimely demise of a fabulous young flapper.
The year is 1921, and your love of hooch has gotten you into some very hot water. A lighthearted night on the town in one of Chicago’s premiere speakeasies takes a turn for the worse when Ms. Violet Peppin is brutally murdered -- and now it’s looking like you’re one of the suspects!
You'll have to use savvy investigative techniques as well as real-life speakeasy and Prohibition history to solve this crime. Though we'll give you all you need to succeed, you'll need to survey more than your fellow guests to find the secret behind this daring crime.
Choose between two ticket types -- embody one of the characters suspected of murder with our “Character” ticket, or simply join in on the fun of guessing whodunnit with our “Party Guest” ticket. Libations and light bites are included to enjoy while you mix, mingle, and solve a murder!
Character roles will be sent to registrants by email in advance of the event (sales end 2/18). All roles are appropriate for players of any gender, and the script-free format allows for individual approaches and creativity to be brought to each Character.
- Party Guest tickets are $35 in advance or $40 at the door.
- Character tickets are $45 (advance sales only), letting you embody one of the partiers suspected of murder! A limited number of Character tickets are available -- sales end on 2/18.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- All attendees are highly encouraged to come dressed in Prohibition-era costumes or other cocktail finery.
- The venue is located at 1434 N Western Ave, a 7-10 minute walk from either the Western or Damen Blue Line CTA Stations. The #49 Bus stops very close to the venue at Western & Le Moyne. The #72 Bus stops a 1/2 block north. Street parking is available nearby.
- This event is strictly 21+. Please bring valid identification.
- A formal dinner will not be served, but light snacks will be provided. Please plan accordingly.
- Your first drink is on us; snag additional drinks at the bar with cash or card.
- The event is ADA accessible.
- This ticket is not refundable, but you can transfer it to someone else by following this handy Eventbrite tutorial.
Email Patti Swanson at email@example.com.
Stay connected! Subscribe to the Atlas Obscura Society Chicago newsletter