Step back in time and explore one of the world's largest collections of antique printing machinery, including floor and table model iron, proof, and clamshell presses, typewriters, and Unitype and typography machines. Some are so rare and unique that Hollywood has used them in period films and TV shows.
Learn and print with various methods of inking, pressing, and rolling, and listen to the rattle of a real working linotype machine (operated, of course, by a professional). Everyone will go home with a handful of self printed materials which may include cards, prints, posters, postcards, and bookmarks. Furthermore, everyone will get a souvenir slug, with their name cast in metal, from the antique Linotype and Ludlow machines.
- Your ticket includes admission to the museum, guided tour, printing demonstration/workshop, and a special custom keepsake!
- Be prepared to stand and walk for at least an hour.
- Casual attire recommended for the hands-on portion dealing with ink and other potential messy material.
- Family friendly! All ages are welcome.
- Plenty of free parking in the lot and on the street.
Email Benjamin Harmon at email@example.com.
Advance Tickets Only. All Sales Final. No Refunds or Exchanges.
Check out our full lineup of amazing adventures taking place all around the world on Obscura Day, our annual celebration of discovery!
Use the #obscuraday hashtag on your favorite social media platforms to show us how you're celebrating. We'll be featuring your posts on our own platforms all day, and you could even win some Atlas Obscura prizes.