Somehow Chicago misplaced all the records of its most legendary year, and it’s up to some brave and devoted Atlas Obscura Society mischief makers to hunt them down.
For this mission, grab a friend and take on the tasks as a two-person team, or test your mettle solo—either way, this epic hunt promises to send you scavenging through Chicago’s most lavish Loop buildings. Along the way, you'll discover the city's historic trials, triumphs, and tribulations of 1893. Remember to charge your cell phones; though the answers of the hunt can't be found with a simple Google search, you'll likely need some internet assistance in deciphering the clues.
The final stop will land you in a super swanky and top-secret location, where you can expect to join Field Agent Patti Swanson (and your competitors) for a drink. Our winner receives a special prize—and losers, we’ll still buy your first drink.
- Tickets can be purchased for $35 per player, or a duo ticket can be purchased for $68.
- Ticket includes hunt and one drink ticket per participant for participants 21+.
- Shrewd scavengers should meet Field Agent Patti Swanson on the outdoor front steps of the Art Institute (near the lions) to receive their instructions.
- The hunt can be done either solo or in groups of two.
- This event goes on rain, shine, or snow!
- Be ready to walk 2 miles.
- Wear shoes fit for an adventure and a cold weather outfit to match.
- Limited ADA access.
- The ticket is non-refundable, but you can transfer your purchase by following this handy Eventbrite tutorial.
Email Patti Swanson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay connected! Subscribe to the Atlas Obscura Society Chicago newsletter