This April, Atlas Obscura is partnering with The Earth Day Initiative to offer access to four unique green sites around the city. As part of this special 3- hour walking tour, you'll travel from site to site to learn about what each group is doing on the ground to help green the city.
Sites this year might include a river education lab right on the Hudson River, a zero-waste office, a state-of-the-art NYC Department of Sanitation facility, and a rooftop farm. The tour is great for school groups, employee engagement teams, and curious-minded individuals who want to learn more about some of the environmental work being done right around the corner in New York City.
While tickets to this event are open to the public, Atlas Obscura is offering a special discounted ticket for $28, available for purchase with the code "AO."
Tour Time and Location:
- Tour times are staggered through the day, with start times ranging from 9 am to 12 pm.
- You will receive your assigned tour start time, meeting point, and final locations roughly one week before the tour.
- If you have a preferred start time for tours, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and they will do their best to accommodate you.
- The tour will start in Manhattan, in the zip code 10012, and will consist of walking approximately 5k.
- You must use code "AO" on Eventbrite to access the hidden $28 ticket.
- Tour groups will be approx. 20-30 participants.
- The best way to ensure you are placed in the same group as friends/colleagues is to purchase tickets together. Otherwise, please get in touch to request being placed together.
- Wear comfortable shoes and bring water!
- These venues may not be accessible for all guests. Please contact email@example.com for additional accessibility information/questions.
- This event is rain or shine.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-922-0048.
Stay connected! Subscribe to the Atlas Obscura Society New York newsletter
Advance tickets only. All sales final. No refunds or exchanges.