“Color is to the eye what music is to the ear,” said Louis Comfort Tiffany in 1916. This holiday season, join Atlas Obscura Field Agent Patti Swanson for an exploration into the history of the city’s most brilliant mosaic works.
As one of the most prolific art glass artisans in American history, Tiffany left a colorful and shimmering legacy embedded in Chicago’s architecture—a legacy that, along with those of Roger Brown and Marc Chagall, we'll explore together. After the tour, attendees are encouraged to join their guide for some lunch and mulled wine at the Christkindlmarket nearby.
- This event goes on rain, shine, or snow! We will be moving in and out of buildings.
- Meet Field Agent Patti Swanson outside of the Chicago Cultural Center's Washington Street entrance.
- Be ready to walk 1.5 miles. Wear shoes fit for an adventure and a cold weather outfit to match.
- This event is ADA accessible.
- The ticket is non-refundable, but you can transfer your purchase by following this handy Eventbrite tutorial.
Email Patti Swanson at email@example.com.
Stay connected! Subscribe to the Atlas Obscura Society Chicago newsletter
Advance tickets only. All sales final. No refunds or exchanges.