Atlas Obscura is seeking a Senior Product Manager to join our growing, Brooklyn-based team. In this role, you’ll work with a dedicated group of developers and designers in an Agile environment to create inspirational online experiences while helping grow revenue and build a successful business. For more than 5 million monthly visitors, atlasobscura.com is already a beloved portal for unexpected stories, amazing events, and undiscovered places both near and far; the Senior Product Manager will succeed by sharing even more wonder with even more users.
- Leading a scrum team in daily stand-ups, weekly backlog maintenance meetings, and bi-weekly sprints.
- Iteratively improving site functionality with a particular focus on community, search, revenue opportunities, and our CMS.
- Conducting frequent customer research and socializing the results.
- Reporting to the COO and working cross-functionally with the Editorial, Audience Development, Ad Sales, and Events teams.
- Closely tracking results, analyzing losses, and celebrating wins.
- At least 4-5 years experience as a Product Manager leading Agile teams.
- A demonstrated ability to build successful products that customers love.
- Expertise at conducting customer interviews and implementing user-centered design.
- Customer obsession—our users love us, and you should love them back.
- Being well-organized, a great communicator, and generally unstoppable.
- A sense of wonder and a passion for Atlas Obscura’s mission.
- Experience working in media.
- Experience building native apps.
- Experience A/B Testing.
- Prior work experience as a developer or designer.
Salary is competitive and includes equity. To apply for this role, please email your resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications and interest to [email protected]. If you’d like your application to stand out, please spend 5 minutes on the site and share the first 1-2 usability issues you encounter.