Join the DC Atlas Obscura Society and local reporter John Muller on a walk through Old Anacostia, examining the neighborhood through the eyes of residents past and present.
Blending historic research and contemporary Ward 8 politics, our guide will lead the group on a walk through time, exploring our city's most historic Historic District. Stories of presidents, famed one-time resident Frederick Douglass, 19th-century architecture and neighborhood folklore will be woven throughout. Questions and photography are encouraged throughout the walking tour!
- Parking is free at the Frederick Douglass National Historic Site.
- This location is metro accessible via the green line's Anacostia stop.
- Bike lock-up is available.
- This is a 2-hour, outdoor walking tour. Expect to walk up and down stairs and on paved and unpaved surfaces.
- Please check the weather, wear comfortable shoes or boots and bring water and sunscreen.
- This is a family-friendly event!
Contact Ashley at [email protected]
Stay connected! Subscribe to the DC Obscura Society newsletter for a first glimpse at upcoming events.
Advance Tickets Only. All Sales Final. No Refunds or Exchanges.