Join Atlas Obscura and the League of Kitchens for a cooking immersion in Kensington and Borough Park, Brooklyn. The League of Kitchens is an immersive culinary adventure in NYC where immigrants teach intimate cooking workshop in their homes.
Damira’s love of history and storytelling will shine as she teaches you to use traditional Uzbek cooking tools and explains the origins of her rustic, flavorful dishes. You'll make hearty and healthy food using fresh herbs, vegetables and spices, including mashhurda soup, pumpkin hanum dumplings, pumpkin sambusa pies, radish salid, qovok quymok (squash pancakes) then finish your meal with halvatar, a classic Uzbek holiday dessert.
- Dishes prepared will all be vegetarian.
- Ticket price includes all food.
- Ticket options are for the shopping tour ($75) or tour and cooking class ($250).
- Location: Damira's Kitchen in Borough Park, Brooklyn. Address will be shared before the event.
- Transportation: D train to 55th Street N to New Utrecht Avenue.
- Accessibility: Elevator available.
Email [email protected]
Stay connected! Subscribe to Atlas Obscura's New York Obscura Society newsletter