Are you worth your weight in salt? Why did Lot's wife turn into a pillar of salt? What does it mean if someone is "salty?" Learn the answer to these questions and many more as we explore the remarkable history and lore of common salt!
Resident spice experts from DC's Bazaar Spices will lead you on a wonderful journey through history as you learn about this invaluable compound. You will learn about salt's many uses, how it has influenced trade and commerce for centuries, and how it continues to influence our everyday lives. In addition to this fascinating history, you will learn new ways to use salt to flavor food and for other, non-culinary purposes.
During the session, Obscura Society members will have the chance to taste various salts from around the world! We'll also learn how to infuse and make our own flavored salts, which each participant will get to take home.
- This location is easily accessible via Metro’s green and yellow lines and several bus lines.
- Metered street parking is available nearby but can be difficult to come by. If you plan to drive, please give yourself enough time to find a parking space. Bazaar Spices does not validate parking in any garages.
- This event is open to adventurers of all ages but we are not offering kids' pricing for this event.
- Adventurers can continue to explore new salts and spices after our event. Each guest will receive a coupon for 15% off any purchase made in store on January 28.
- We hope you’ll share photos with us on Twitter and Instagram @AtlasObscura and @bazaarspices using the tag #ObscuraSociety.
Questions? Email [email protected]
Stay connected! Subscribe to the DC Obscura Society newsletter for a first glimpse at upcoming events.
ADVANCE TICKETS ONLY. ALL SALES FINAL. NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES.