San Francisco was once awash in the glitzy light of neon and a buzz ran through the city. With San Francisco Neon authors and photographers Al Barna and Randall Ann Homan, we'll wander the streets and back alleys of Chinatown to find some of these vintage neon signs and hear the stories they have to tell.
Let's discover local history and architectural and graphic design insights with a neon twist! Photography and a lively Q&A are encouraged.
- Tour starts promptly at 7:30pm - don't be late!
- Meet in front of the YMCA.
- Be prepared to walk 2 miles for 2 hours, with rest stops. Wear appropriately comfy shoes.
- Dress in layers for the vagaries of SF weather.
- Attendees will receive a complementary copy of the Neon Icons exhibit catalog.
Questions? Email Bart Bernhardt at [email protected].
Advance Tickets Only. All Sales Final. No Refunds or Exchanges.